NGO ACTION NEWS
· On 19 April, the Israel Palestine NGO Working Group organized the launch of the second edition of the book “The General’s Son: Journey of an Israeli in Palestine”, written by Miko Peled.
· On 8 June, American Muslims for Palestine is organizing an event in Hawthorne, California, where two of its coordinators will be speaking, as part of a series of events that are being held throughout the country in a national campaign to commemorate the 64 years of the Nakba.
· On 28 May, the Union des Progressistes Juifs de Belgique will be organizing in Brussels a panel discussion with Haneen Zoabi, a Member of the Knesset, on the subject “The Life of Palestinian citizens of Israel”.
· From 29 May to 2 June, several Palestinian movies will be screened at the Palais des Beaux-Arts of Brussels, as part of the event called “Palestina With Love”.
· On 30 May, the American University of Beirut is hosting a panel discussion “Memories of Palestine and the Syrian Present: Two Book Launches”, organized by Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs in collaboration with the Centre for Arab and Middle Eastern Studies.
· On 3 June, Combatants for Peace is organizing in Bethlehem a march called “Forty-nine Years of Occupation: Palestinians and Israelis Change Direction and March Together in the Freedom March”.
· Civil society organizations can apply to attend or speak at the 19 September UN General Assembly High-level Meeting on Addressing Large Movements of Refugees and Migrants and at the 18 July multi-stakeholder hearing in New York.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.