NGO ACTION NEWS
The United States
· On 11 July,the Jerusalem Fund in Washington D.C. is hosting Dr. Julie Peteet, Professor and Chair of the Department of Anthropology at the University of Louisville, who will explore mobility as an intended consequence of military occupation in a keynote lecture that opens the 2016 Summer Intern Lecture Series, “Mobility: Israel’s Structural Restrictions and Palestine’s Resistance”.
· Joining Hands for Justice in Israel and Palestine announced the holding on 24 September, of the Atlanta Palestine Conference 2016, featuring keynote speakers American author and journalist Max Blumenthal and Tarek Abuata, Palestine Support Coordinator at Christian Peacemaker Teams .
· On 29 June, in Ireland, St. Columb’s Park House-Campaigning Communities Project and UNISION Community Branch organized an evening with Palestinian American performance poet Remi Kanazi, performing his latest collection of poetry, “Before the Next Bomb Drops: Rising up from Brooklyn to Palestine”.
· On 30 June 30, Ireland Palestine Solidarity Campaign (IPSC) held an open meeting to discuss Palestine.
· On 5 July, in Dublin, Belfast Trades Council and Trade Union Friends of Palestine are holding a report back meeting following their recent trip to the West Bank.
· On 5 July, Palestine Solidarity Campaign is staging a rally to call on Israel to end the Gaza blockade and call on the UK to end its arms deals with Israel.
· The Palestinian Centre for Human Rights has issued its weekly report on human rights violations for 23-29 June 2016.
· On 30 June, the Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) Thailand is holding a meeting to discuss Al Quds Day (observed on 1st of July).
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.