NGO ACTION NEWS
8 April 2016
· On 4 April, Columbia University hosted a book launch with Asir Seleiman “Being Palestinian -- Personal reflections on Palestinian Identity in the Diaspora”. In parallel, on 6 April, the University hosted an event “A Constitution for a non-State, or How to do Things with law, Palestine 1993-2015” with Emilio Dabed.
· On 27 April, the Israel-Palestine NGO Working group is hosting an event “Why We Refuse” with conscientious objectors Yasmin Yablonko and Khaled Farrag. The event will take place at the Church Centre for the UN in New York at 13:00 p.m.
· On 25 April, Columbia University is hosting a screening of a Palestinian movie “3000 Nights” moderated by Lila Abu-Lughod and Hamid Dabashi.
· On 9 April in the UK, Jews for Justice for Palestine are organizing an event: “Stop G4S - here and everywhere”. In parallel, on 4 May, the “2016 Edward W. Said London Lecture” will be presented by an award-winning journalist Naomi Klein. The event is organized by A.M. Qattan Foundation.
· From 4 to 10 April, the Southampton Palestine Solidarity Campaign in the UK is organizing an exhibition: “Silent voices” created by Palestinian children.
· On 12 April, The Palestine Solidarity Campaign is hosting a talk “Apartheid South Africa and Palestine” in London by group of people who recently went to Palestine and would like to share their experience.
· On 18 April, in Dublin, Ireland Palestinian Solidarity Campaign will present lawyer Aouda Zbidat to mark the Palestinian Prisoners Day 2016. Her talk will be a first-hand account of the key human rights violations facing Palestinian political prisoners in the OPT.
· On April 8, Zochrot will commemorate the 68th anniversary of the Deir Yassin massacre. They will walk along the main street of the village and carry signs bearing the names of the victims.
* * *This page may contain links to third-party Web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of the United Nations and the United Nations is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The United Nations provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply endorsement of the linked site by the United Nations. This newsletter is a project of the Division for Palestinian Rights, and is intended to provide information on NGO activities relevant to the question of Palestine . NGOs interested in contributing information on their activities should communicate it by Email The Division reserves the right to make the final selection with regard to material to be included in this newsletter. It cannot take responsibility for the accuracy of the information.