The United States of America
· On 25 February in New York, the Jewish Voice for Peace - New York City Chapter organized a screening of “The Great Book Robbery” in the margins of Israel-Palestine film festival.
· On 28 February, the Heartland Alliance and the Photography Department at Columbia College in Chicago will sponsor a screening of the documentary “Five Broken Cameras”.
· On 23 March, the Palestinian Centre in Washington D.C. is organizing a presentation of the book “Being Palestinian: Personal Reflections on Palestinian Identity in the Diaspora” by poet Sharif Elmusa.
· The 59E59 theatre in New York from 24 March through 17 April will host a performance of “Wrestling Jerusalem” about one man’s journey to understand the Israel-Palestinian conflict.
· On 28 and 29 March, Columbia University will host a performance of a new play by Jen Marlowe “There is a Field” about a Palestinian killed during the Second Intifada. The event is sponsored by the Centre for Palestine Studies.
· On 27 February, “Sumud Palestine” is organizing an International Women’s Day with the women of Gaza.
· On 1 March the Ireland Palestinian Solidarity Campaign in Dublin is hosting a seminar “Palestine Binds Us”.
· On 5 March, in London, The Palestinian Mission to the UK and the Association of Palestinian Communities in the UK are organizing the “Palestine spring fair” for the benefit of development projects in Palestine. The contributions will support the building the first child cancer centre in Gaza by the Palestine Children’s Relief Fund.
· B’Tselem and HaMoked published a report saying that dozens of Palestinian detainees at the Shikma interrogation facility run by the Shin Bet security agency were subjected to mistreatment, which in some cases amounted to torture.
· Sweden’s Government increased its annual contribution to UNRWA by 15% (to US$ 40.6 million).
· On 14 March, the Working Group of the Palestinian Rights Committee, on the margins of the 60th session of the Committee on the Status of Women is organizing a side event “Women’s role in the search for Israeli-Palestinian Peace” at UN headquarters in New York.