• In January, Erez crossing between Gaza and Israel was open for 26 out of 26 scheduled days.
• The number of crossings during January increased by 11% compared to December 2015.
• Accessible only to Israeli issued permit holders, primarily medical and other humanitarian cases, merchants,
and aid workers.
* The figures reflect number of times people crossed, but not the actual number of people crossing.
• Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt was closed during the whole month of January
• The crossing has been closed since 24 October 2014, except for 39 days.
• There are at least 30,000 Palestinians registered as humanitarian cases waiting to leave Gaza via Rafah.