• In August 2015, Erez crossing was open for 26 days during daytime (8:00 - 19:00).
• The number of crossings through Erez slightly declined compared to the previous two months, but it remained well above the equivalent figures during 2014 and the first quarter of 2015.
• Accessible only to permit holders, primarily medical and other humanitarian cases, merchants, and aid workers.
• Permits issued by Israeli authorities.
• In August 2015, Rafah was open for 4 out of 31 scheduled days. Access into Egypt was allowed only for medical cases, dual nationals, foreign residency card holders and students.
• Since 24 October 2014, the crossing has been closed for all but 29 days, reportedly as a result of insecurity in the Sinai.
• The closure of the crossing is affecting at least 30,000 Palestinians registered to cross through.