Adopted on 29/09/10.
Follow UNISPAL Twitter RSS
Pakistan (on behalf of the Organization of the Islamic Conference): draft resolution
15/… Follow-up to the report of the independent international fact-finding mission
The Human Rights Council,
Guided by the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
Considering that the promotion of respect for the obligations arising from the Charter and the other instruments and rules of international law is among the basic purposes and principles of the United Nations,
Taking into consideration the provisions of the Fourth Geneva Convention, of 12 August 1949,
Emphasizing the importance of the safety and well-being of all civilians including humanitarian personnel,
Recalling its resolution 14/1 of 2 June 2010, in which the Council decided to dispatch an independent international fact-finding mission to investigate violations of human rights law and international humanitarian law resulting from the Israeli attacks on the flotilla of ships carrying humanitarian assistance,
2. Deeply regrets the non-cooperation by the occupying Power, Israel, with the mission;
3. Endorses the conclusions contained in the report of the mission, and calls upon all concerned parties to ensure their immediate implementation;
4. Recommends that the General Assembly consider the report of the mission;
5. Requests the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights to submit a report on the status of the implementation of paragraph 3 above to the Council at its sixteenth session;
6. Decides to follow up the implementation of the present resolution at its sixteenth session.